By Jane Fafeita
A delicious, easy, inexpensive dessert that’s the food equivalent of a cardigan and a hot water bottle. She ain’t pretty, but she sure is tasty. Its a traditional French country pudding.
30g soft butter
4 large ripe peaches, sliced, or 1 825g tin peaches
3/4 cups caster sugar
1 cup SR flour
1 cup milk
1 tsp nutmeg
icing sugar for dusting
1.Preheat oven to 200c.
2. Grease a pie dish with the butter, & be generous about it.
3. Cover bottom of dish with the peach slices
4. Place sugar and eggs in a mixing bowl and blend with electric mixer til smooth, silky and pale.
5. Sift flour, add to the bowl, add milk and nutmeg. Mix gently into the egg mixture, using a wooden spoon, til just combined. Then give it another minute or so with the electric mixer.
6. Pour the mixture over the peaches. Cook in centre of oven for 45 mins to 1 hour. It will be golden in colour and firm to touch.
7. Dust with icing sugar. Serve with cream.
It’s best served straight out of the oven but is great the next day too.